Thursday, April 07, 2005

Camera phones in the classroom

Camera phones yadayadayada, but an interesting development vis-a-vis the classroom. Of course these are almost ubiquitous amongst young people of school age.

I remember the first time a student brought a digital camera with movie function into the classroom and recorded my teaching. He was a nice guy and I was having a good day (I think) so the footage didn't end up on 'Today Tonight' or some other beatup news and 'current affairs' show. He didn't ask me if he could do it, and he later showed it to a colleague (a close one) who thought it was kind of funny.

Link

2 Comments:

At 6:00 pm, Blogger M said...

This is an interesting concept and one I had not considered until now...God knows the troubles I have had with students and mobile phones! A teacher from my school last year had a year 10 boy threaten to tape record what she said to him AFTER HIS MOTHER SUGGESTED IT TO HIM! They felt victimised- please! Would love to read more on this Mr B???
M x

 
At 9:32 am, Blogger Sean said...

Sometimes camera phones in the classroom can be good. Teacher Assaults Student you can also watch the video clip at: mms://wmt1.chosun.com/entertainment/liveshop/mediachosun/interview/040401_teacher.wmv

 

Post a Comment

<< Home