Thursday, September 07, 2006

Why learning is child's play

Report from Jim Gee's involvement in the Curriculum Corporation's conference in Adelaide. Jim was in Melbourne a few weeks back where he gave a very interesting talk building on the ideas that Jason Hill reports on in this article.

If you haven't read Jim's book, I'd highly recommend it.

Gee, James. Paul. (2003) What video games have to teach us about learning and literacy. New York: Palgrave Macmillian.

If I were more organised I'd post the recording I made of his Melbourne talk. That might have to wait.

If you are really interested, I also recommend another Gee offering - more recent.

Gee, James. Paul. (2004) Situated language and learning: A critique of traditional schooling. London: Routledge.

This one is more comprehensive and connects Gee's ideas on games into an overall theory of learning and a critique of schooling.

Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home