Tuesday, June 28, 2005

small world?

Just discovered (!) a new researcher doing some interesting things - christinA Davidson works in the Faculty of Education at the University of Ballarat, and keeps a blog about her developing research career!

Turns out one of her PhD examiners was our 'man about world' Colin Lankshear (I wonder who the other was?) Also turns out that her original supervisor was Carolyn Baker (sadly departed) and that she's a Pete Freebody 'fan'.

Looks good on paper!

She's also been nice enough to point to some interesting conversation analysis stuff.

Thanks, christinA!

2 Comments:

At 6:28 pm, Blogger christinA said...

small world indeed! I have met Ilana on a couple of occasions (on one i remember that she spoke enthusiastically about carolyn baker's work). and I did post a comment on your blog when you were trying to decide whether or not to take up the PhD offer. I wrote to say -"yes do it" cos after several years of being a remote student at UQ I would have killed to be a fulltime PhD student. I think you were worried at the time about limiting your options by hooking into the specifics of the PhD on offer. sounds as if you have taken to it like the proverbial duck to water.

thanks for checking out my blog and for your post.

 
At 11:49 am, Blogger Scott said...

Yeah, in terms of my decision, there are some times when I still wonder ... but I'm happy with my decision. I miss 'my' kids sometimes and my colleagues, but there are many things I don't miss!

I so didn't connect your comment almost 6 months ago to your comments now! How bad is that - I'm not taking care of those who visit this blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home