Tuesday, August 29, 2006

If it ain't broke, why fix it? - Education News - theage.com.au

Kevin Child's review of 'Only connect ... ' is quite interesting. He does a good job of capturing the feeling and sentiment expressed in many chapters in the book. I'm not surprised that he liked the teacher contributions - they are for me quite powerful and grounded accounts of great English teaching.

His 'outsider' perspective is also fresh. It suggests to me that educators can take their problems very seriously and perhaps become a little to precious. If we are to learn to communicate professional knowledge to a wider audience we have lots of work to do.

Link

1 Comments:

At 12:16 pm, Blogger Darce said...

I think that's a fair comment. For me what speaks the most and maybe what will help teacher's causes the most is people being aware of what the job entails and the experiences of the classroom/meeting room/lunch room. The only way this can be communicated is through teacher writing and through people getting an idea of the passion with which we all approach our job. I think that's why we love our blogs so much! We shouldn't underestimate their value.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home