Saturday, August 21, 2004

using blogging in the classroom - articles

Some stuff that I've been sitting on ... via the First Monday ejournal. I realise there is plenty out there on these topics - far too much to ever valuably use or read.

The Educated Blogger

Spinning Yarns around the digital fire

Why?

Well, I am always interested in good writing about 'blogging in the classroom' or anything remotely associated with this idea - but this semester I have not had the opportunity to 'invite' students to blog. Despite this I have written an outline for a subject aimed at Y9 + 10 students called 'Digital Literacies and the futures of communications' which will be offered next year sometime. I realise the name is a tad overblown, but it was more tongue-in-cheek that anything else as I wanted something that would grab the attention of non-bloggers and non-technology users (most teachers at my school - unless using technology means checking your email once a month). In fact I want students to interrogate the idea of 'digital literacies' and the extent to which we might be living in a significantly different communications 'age'. Anyway, I guess I'm constantly on the lookout for resources and news articles I could perhaps use as discussion stimuli which this class (if it ever in fact runs).

Cyberdash has an interesting 'article' called Moving to the Public: Weblogs in the Writing Classroom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home